DDUtil loss of CAT control

G0MGM

DDUtil loss of CAT control

Postby G0MGM » Sun May 14, 2017 8:34 am

Hello

I've been running DDUtil Ver 3.2.5.01 for some time with no issues, it has been working fine talking to HPSDR but this morning it is reporting not connected to the radio.

I have checked VSPE and have used the same CAT ports from other software with no issues. I have un-installed DDutil and re-installed but still getting the same issues..

No changes on the system other than powering it down due to bad weather in the area.

Any help would be appreciated. Any one had similar issues?

Rob
G0MGM
w-u-2-o

Re: DDUtil loss of CAT control

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun May 14, 2017 11:07 am

Rob,

I had this happen to me many moons ago. It was inexplicable and still is. I fixed it by changing from VSPM to VSPE. However you are already running the latter. That said, I've seen other people fix this by doing the exact opposite, i.e. dumping VSPE for VSPM or com0com. So you might try that. You might also try asking on the DDUtil Yahoo group.

I suspect there is something wrong with DDUtil handling of serial connections at the registry level, but could never figure it out.

Scott
G0MGM

Postby G0MGM » Sun May 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Scott

Yes Im already running VSPE, but the odd thing is that it works fine with other programs on the same port as DDUtil is set to use, so it doesn't look like VSPE is at fault. The port combination is Com 6 on DDutil and 26 on PSDR, I can use those ports with Omni Rig, HRD, FLDigi, any application, but as soon as I set DDUtil to use that port, it doe not connect.

Im hoping K5FR who wrote it reads my post on the DDUtil forum..

Rob
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun May 14, 2017 4:14 pm

As I wrote above, try changing to a different virtual serial port app. I found that just changing the app worked. I think that DDUtil gets into a funny registry condition from which there is no hope of recovery otherwise. Although another option might be too use Revo uninstaller.

Scott
G0MGM

Postby G0MGM » Tue May 16, 2017 8:19 pm

HI Scott

Well the latest version of PSDR seems to have solved the issues with DDUtil, odd that mine stopped working on 3.3.15 and 3.3.17 is all back to normal..

Rob
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed May 17, 2017 2:43 am

Good to hear it! I see Doug fixed some sort of a problem, don't know if it's related to your issues.

73!

Scott

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”