DB25 Connector - Easy Solution For Good Connections

W1AEX

DB25 Connector - Easy Solution For Good Connections

Postby W1AEX » Fri May 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Unlike my ANAN-100, the DB-25 connector of my new ANAN-200D was set too deep behind the rear panel to allow a good connection with my Winford breakout board. In fact, the breakout board could not be seated deep enough to make any connection at all. Sometimes, removing the captive screws on the connector you are trying to insert, and then installing a washer behind the head of the screw will prevent the screw from bottoming out in the ANAN's DB25 mounting holes so that it will pull in. I found that my Winford board would still not work reliably with that easy solution.

While wandering the aisles of my local Cables and Connectors store I found a very easy solution called a DB25 M-F Port Protector. It seats deeply into the ANAN-DB-25 port and the captive screws pull it up tight. The Winford breakout board then mounts very securely into the DB25 M-F Port Protector and a reliable connection is the final result. It takes about 5 minutes to install the port adapter and it was worth the 5 bucks to make a secure connection, which was especially important to me since I interface my PTT connection through that port!

There is no minimum order requirement and you can find the DB25 adapter at: http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/

In the search box, search for: LGC-25MF

Rob W1AEX

"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
w-u-2-o

Re: DB25 Connector - Easy Solution For Good Connections

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri May 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Way easier than what I did!

73!

Scott
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Sat May 13, 2017 12:13 am

Sometimes a solution kind of jumps right off the shelf at you!

:O)
WB2ZXJ

Postby WB2ZXJ » Sat May 13, 2017 12:29 am

Last edited by WB2ZXJ on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Sat May 13, 2017 3:38 am

The yellow "Mini Gender Changer" label on the "Port Protector" is misleading as it's a simple M-F straight through connector that repeats the female DB-25 connector on the back of the ANAN.

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”