TX/RX relay switch times in CW mode

LGPIGNOLET

TX/RX relay switch times in CW mode

Postby LGPIGNOLET » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Can someone tell if when not in semi break in mode is the tx/rx relay supposed to switch at the speed of the keyer..?
I was expecting the radio to key with no output until the key is pressed, not switch back and forth from tx to rx..

Is there a tx/rx delay setting somewhere, when not in semi break in mode..?

Tnx's
VK3HJ

Re: TX/RX relay switch times in CW mode

Postby VK3HJ » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 pm

When not in Semi Break-in mode, you are in Full Break-in mode. There is no "Manual" switching. Any time you apply keying to the "Key" jack, the rig will go into transmit, depending on whether you are in Semi Break-in or Full Break-in.

I like to use a foot switch to control the Tx/Rx switching. This does not work properly with HPSDR in CW mode, as with other transceivers. I raised this issue a number of times over the past several years, but it was not considered important enough to address.

I applied a hardware solution. My footswitch is a dual Heil unit, so I use one switching line to control the PTT line, and the other to make the Keying line circuit from the external keyer (or key) to the rig. In my interface box, I have a slide switch to make the Keying line circuit, for when I use N1MM to control my K1El Keyer.

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”