Cat Line Distribution

Dan

Cat Line Distribution

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:17 pm

How, do I take a cat line from the Anan/Thetis and distribute it to multiple programs at the same time? 

Thanks, Dan KM6CQ
w-u-2-o

Re: Cat Line Distribution

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Dan,

You have four CAT instances built into Thetis. The first is in Setup > CAT Control > CAT. The other three are on the CAT+ tab. They are all exactly equivalent, none have precedence, all operate simultaneously and independently. For incoming CAT commands it's "last command wins".

Thus you can define four virtual port pairs in your virtual serial cable software of choice and connect to up to four different software applications simultaneously.

If you need more than four connections you can do a couple of things. One approach is to install something like DDUtil, DXCommander, or some other rig control software that can act as a splitter for CAT ports. Another approach is to "wire up" splitter ports in your virtual serial port software.

Do you need more than 4 simultaneous connections?

Scott

P.S. moving this to the rig control sub forum...
Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:51 pm

Scott, thank you for the reply and that is great.
It’s excellent that this feature is built into Thetis.
I will use one port for logging one port for a tuner and one port for an amp and one for CW skimmer or what ever digital mode I am using. I have used DDUTIL and the DX commander so if I need more ports then I can explore those avenues. But it’s really great to know that for day-to-day operations I won’t need any of those extras just what is already inclusive in Thetis. I now understand that I posted this on the wrong form so I apologize for that, it also means that I searched the wrong forum. Thank you for taking the time to reply Scott.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm

No problem, Dan. It's subjective whether this was a Thetis or digi/CAT topic, but the way you titled it is seemed like a better fit here for when future folks might be searching. Curating the forum is more art than science sometimes ;)

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”