N1MM spectrum display alignment and CW

W7GES

Postby W7GES » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Richie,

First of all, thanks for all you do and I hope you have a Merry Christmas and New Year's.

I made some CW contacts in the ARRL10 meter contest this last weekend and I noticed signals in the N1MM Spectrum display did not line up with the Thetis one.

I took a screen shot of WWV on 10.000 mhz to demonstrate (Thetis is running on another computer but you can see the frequency is 10.000 in multiple N1MM windows.

I do not see any way of adjusting the discrepancy in N1MM. With my other rig I use an Airspy HF+ which gets it's signal from the Ant Out jack. If I tune to 10.000 mhz the N1MM Spectrum display shows the signal in the correct place.

Does this happen to others? Or is it something unique to my setup and I should try resetting?

Thanks!

George / W7GES

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:22 pm

George,

Moving this out of the massive "Thetis issues" topic because that topic is more about things Richie is specifically working on for his current build. Plus this is a subject worthy of it's own separate discussion.

I believe this issue has to do with the following setting: Setup > DSP > CW > CW Pitch.

Would you be able to confirm that the offset changes to match that setting?

This issue has come up before. See:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3333&p=10295

Scott
W7GES

Re: N1MM spectrum display alignment and CW

Postby W7GES » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks Scott,

I appreciate your help. I looked at the thread but I'm seeing this issue whether I'm clicking on a spot or if I'm already in USB / CW mode and tuning there. The logging program isn't changing the mode before or after sending the frequency.

If I change the Sidetone in the Thetis CW menu to 460 Hz (normally on 600) it lines up very closely while I'm in CWU mode on 10.000 Mhz.

When I change to USB mode via Thetis, not clicking on a spot and tune a USB signal (say 14.183) the N1MM spectrum display is shifted down in frequency roughly 600 Hz.

The screenshot I am sending isn't the best example as his signal was strong but not clean but I'm sure you can see how much it is shifted to the left by the little red dot near the frequency scale.

George / W7GES
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1592 times
w-u-2-o

Re: N1MM spectrum display alignment and CW

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:11 pm

I'll try replicating this when I have time this weekend, just to better understand it.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”