N1MM focus helper

DL8LAQ

N1MM focus helper

Postby DL8LAQ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:40 am

Hi all!

Since SDR we have to handle two or more applications on the pc. Sometimes it's faster to click on a frequency in the spectrum display than use the vfo knob. N1MM has implemented the focus helper, and as I know is the only one who did this.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a "focus helper" in Thetis so that everyone can use the preferred logging s/w?
73, Norbert - DL8LAQ - ANAN-G2 w/display - Richie's latest Thetis version and pihpsdr by N1GP&DL1YCF
w-u-2-o

Re: N1MM focus helper

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:10 pm

I believe you are referring to the "Focus Helper" software that exists for Flex Radio users, correct?

Thetis (and PowerSDR mRX) does have a similar feature. It is called "FocusMaster". If I'm not mistaken FocusMaster actually existed prior to Focus Helper.

You can find the settings for FocusMaster in Setup > CAT Control > CAT.

It works quite well for N1MM or any other logger you want to use it with. If you are using it with N1MM, select the N1MM mode, of course.

Moving this to the Rig Control and Logging subforum.

Don't forget you can add a MIDI controller in order to obtain completely modeless operation of your station with Thetis.
DL8LAQ

Re: N1MM focus helper

Postby DL8LAQ » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:13 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Thetis (and PowerSDR mRX) does have a similar feature. It is called "FocusMaster". If I'm not mistaken FocusMaster actually existed prior to Focus Helper.

You can find the settings for FocusMaster in Setup > CAT Control > CAT.

It works quite well for N1MM or any other logger you want to use it with. If you are using it with N1MM, select the N1MM mode, of course.

Moving this to the Rig Control and Logging subforum.

Don't forget you can add a MIDI controller in order to obtain completely modeless operation of your station with Thetis.

Thanks! It works indeed with every logger window! Perfect!!!
73, Norbert - DL8LAQ - ANAN-G2 w/display - Richie's latest Thetis version and pihpsdr by N1GP&DL1YCF

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”