Enable diversity using CAT

EA1DAV

Enable diversity using CAT

Postby EA1DAV » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 am

Hi, In DXlog contest logger developers are trying to add diversity to Thetis radios. Of course in Dual A/D radios.

My question is if it is important the order that the sequence of commands are sended to Thetis.

The commands are, Open form of diversity, sync VFO A and B, enable diversity. The same to disable.
The cat is:

ZZDE1;ZZDF1;ZZSY1; to enable diversity and
ZZDE0;ZZDF0;ZZSY0; to disable it.

Is order important? it not always work as expected and open , closed and if you want again it not open.
I check the comands individually in the setup test cat comands window, and here all work. May be a delay is needed at some poin.

73 EA1DAV
w-u-2-o

Re: Enable diversity using CAT

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:44 pm

You do not need to or want to invoke VFO sync as any part of diversity operations. Enabling diversity does everything it needs to do with RX2 automatically.

I'd recommend you open the form using ZZDF first and last. Only enable/disable diversity using ZZDE with the form already open.

Note: if you look in the same directory as the Thetis.exe file, you will find a file called CATStructs.xml. If you look in this file you will find every CAT command that Thetis currently supports.
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Scott, you mean that sync RX1 and RX2 is not necesary ? ( VFOA and VFOB)

Logger send a orden to activate Diversity and another to deactivate, but I think that the Form is necesary to adjust phase and amplitude. Onece adjustes, really you don't need to touch it more for a sesion.

One on/off fast can be manually set gain and phase, and next when you need enable disable with only ZZDE0 ZZDE1.

I will test it. Thanks Scott.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:32 pm

EA1DAV wrote:Scott, you mean that sync RX1 and RX2 is not necesary ? ( VFOA and VFOB)

Correct.

Logger send a orden to activate Diversity and another to deactivate, but I think that the Form is necesary to adjust phase and amplitude. Onece adjustes, really you don't need to touch it more for a sesion.

True, but I'm not sure how stable it is without the form left open. You will have to experiment.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”