CAT refence manual

EA1DAV

CAT refence manual

Postby EA1DAV » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am

Hi, I am having some problems using the standard Flex protocol with my contest logger, DXlog. I stay in touch with the developers of DXlog that ignore how Thetis CAT use the Flex comands, so, to understand the CAT that Thetis speak and understand, is this the reference guide ?

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-PowerSDR/blob/master/Documentation/Radio/PowerSDR-CAT-Command-Reference-Guide-V3.docx

If there is another more actual please give me the link, thanks.

73 EA1DAV.
w-u-2-o

Re: CAT refence manual

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:07 pm

That guide is correct. Thetis is the same as PowerSDR for most basic commands.

Thetis has a large number of commands that have been added since that guide was published, however it very unlikely any of those commands will be necessary for DXlog.

DXlog should work in a basic fashion with Kenwood TS-2000 selected as the radio type.
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Hi Scott. The problems are in the multirx or sub receiver CAT comands. DXlog with the standar Flex driver can't work in SO2V. After a dialog with DXlog developers and following the document linked before some things changed and after a DEV version now DXlog enable/disable subrx change the mute audio of sub, balance left/rigth audio etc. I point developers to the refered link. If there is other public and more actual it could be good to know where it is to check for comands that can be be usefull.

Regards. Jesus.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:36 pm

Yes, the Flex interface does not work because it is SmartSDR-specific, not the old legacy PowerSDR Flex interface.

What functionality is still missing from the development version at this time? Knowing that will help direct you.
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi again, really I write this post to know the actual list of CAT commands for the actual version of Thetis. The logger developers need this to write the drivers and give to the user the full specs of our radios. I am not a developer, just a end user that love our SDR radios. If they need to have public acess to this CAT reference commands. Searching i find in the TAPR the link of the first post. Today the DXlog team write a Thetis specific deve version that meet the SO2V functions and I am very happy. Prior to that only N1MM using Flex 5000 protocol do that.

For contesters this is good news.

73, Jesus.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Paging @laurencebarker

Laurence: is there an easy way to find a reference document for all the new CAT commands?
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:31 am

This is the newest: it is published now with Thetis,

It is slightly out of date, but as far as I know it is correct for the current Thetis release.

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Theti ... ide-V3.pdf
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 am

I found this one...

opppp sorry, I post before read Laurence. Sorry.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm

laurencebarker wrote:This is the newest: it is published now with Thetis,

It is slightly out of date, but as far as I know it is correct for the current Thetis release.

Thank you, Laurence.

However, the last update to that document was in 2018. Haven't both you and Ritchie added quite a few more commands to that since then, particularly those associated with Andromeda?
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 pm

Seems the CAT version in the PowerSDR repository is more current.

https://github.com/TAPR/OpenHPSDR-Power ... de-V3.docx

Mike W9MDB
Mike W9MDB
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:29 am

It doesn't help that we didn't give it a new version number... but the one it the Thetis folder was committed in July 2020: so it is much newer than the one in the power SDR folder.

It is a PDF file; in Power SDR it is a .docx word file.

If you look in the history at the end it lists the new commands I added for Andromeda - under "2.6.8 Additional CAT commands:"
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 am

Thanks, Laurence.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”