Thethis / cw /logging software

ik7ytt

Thethis / cw /logging software

Postby ik7ytt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:11 am

I'm trying to transmit in cw using a logging software.
i have no problem for SSB transmissions.

But in CW the maximum i get is to go in tx and generate signals BUT no power from the 7000dle.

i have tried all the possible settings and logging softwares software , always the same.

if i use paddle or internal thetis menu to tx all is fine.

i don't have an external winkey to try.

any help?
w-u-2-o

Re: Thethis / cw /logging software

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:07 pm

What logging software are you using?

What virtual serial port software are you using?

How are you keying the radio for CW from the logging software?

Have you configured the logging software to key the radio via a virtual serial port pair where the radio end of the pair is set in Setup > DSP > CW > Connections > Secondary ?
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:57 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:What logging software are you using?

n1mm,dxlog,n3fjp, qartest, mixwin

What virtual serial port software are you using?
VSPE

How are you keying the radio for CW from the logging software?
giving a cat to the PTT control in cat setting. like this is working for fldigi and wsjt and for ssb DVK operations, i was assuming was the same for cw

Have you configured the logging software to key the radio via a virtual serial port pair where the radio end of the pair is set in Setup > DSP > CW > Connections > Secondary ?

i was trying also that one but i thought still need have the PTT contol cat sett together. so i was selecting only RADIO in that menu, hoping was a pass-trough. because cannot have 2 cat set on same time there and in normal cat settings

Anyway if i select a COM in Setup > DSP > CW > Connections > Secondary and KEY-LINE as DTR is WORKING

so i guess if i want still keep other setting for TX in SSB i need try to make split cat or i need change anytime the parameters

thanks
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:22 pm

I can't speak to anything except N1MM, but in that program you can use one virtual serial port pair for CAT and another for CW keying. No need to fuss with settings when changing modes.
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 am

Hi Scott
yes you are right is same in all the software.
i was still thinking that need only 1 com for the transmission.

Now i have created 2 pairs of com 1 for the PTT and 1 for DSP > CW > all is working fine

now missing only DDTUL and cwskimmer....if you can check other post and help me there will be perfect

thanks
Andy ik7ytt
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:47 am

Unfortunately I don't know anything about CW Skimmer. DDUtil should work fine. Another serial port pair, a sufficiently old version of DDUtil and you should be in business.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”