N1MM SO2V and 7000dle

NN3RP

N1MM SO2V and 7000dle

Postby NN3RP » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:48 am

I am working on setting up N1MM for SO2V but the program and 7000 are placed into Split when a station is selected in VFO-B or use Ctrl RightArrow.

I watched a youtube video by N1EU dating back to Feb. 2015 about SO2V / search and pounce:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAicWV_cT0g

He was using ANAN-100D SDR radio at that time and it perfectly demonstrates this capability.

I wanted to mimic his setup but there are a couple of problems:

1. The \ switches from VFO A to VFO B, or viceversa. But I am only getting the RX/TX focus on VFO A! When I switch to VFO B with \, I only get RX focus but not TX (see attached pics)

2. As stated earlier, N1MM and 7000 are placed into Split when VFO-B is selected.

Am I missing a setting somewhere within N1MM or Anan 7000? I cannot find it.

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

God Bless!

Rafael / NN3RP

SO2V_VFO-A.png
RX/TX
SO2V_VFO-A.png (308.16 KiB) Viewed 6169 times

SO2V_VFO-B.png
No TX
SO2V_VFO-B.png (263.83 KiB) Viewed 6169 times

SO2V_VFO-B-Split.png
Split
SO2V_VFO-B-Split.png (267.8 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
Rafael / NN3RP
Nation's Capital USA
NN3RP

Re: N1MM SO2V and 7000dle

Postby NN3RP » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:16 am

Have you ever replied to yourself? I hope this information is of some value to anyone.

I believe that I nailed it down. I spent all of my afternoon today Saturday scratching, on every attempt my head, :D and came up with a solution.

I added a RX antenna that I use for skimming to the RX2 port on the back of the Anan 7000dle and now I can be copied via the VFO-B. Both RX2 and the MultiRX buttons must be activated concurrently for this setup to work. Both VFOs are in the upper window and the bottom one is in sync with VFO-B. There is no SPLIT anymore just like in N1EU's video! The Thetis and N1MM VFOs play side by side as well one following the other and vice versa.

God bless!

Rafael / NN3RP

SO2V_RX2_AND_MULTIRX_ENABLED_FINAL022419.PNG
SO2V_RX2_AND_MULTIRX_ENABLED_FINAL022419.PNG (375.66 KiB) Viewed 6142 times
Rafael / NN3RP
Nation's Capital USA
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:10 pm

i have tryend too, but when i go on VFO B, and try to Tx still anan enter in split mode.
also what you see in VFOB are the rx2 signals . you can on only tx on one of the 2 frq of multy rx of VFOA. so if you chatch a signal in in VFOB how can tx in that freq?

sorry but still not get, also from the yutube video.
can help?

NN3RP wrote:Have you ever replied to yourself? I hope this information is of some value to anyone.

I believe that I nailed it down. I spent all of my afternoon today Saturday scratching, on every attempt my head, :D and came up with a solution.

I added a RX antenna that I use for skimming to the RX2 port on the back of the Anan 7000dle and now I can be copied via the VFO-B. Both RX2 and the MultiRX buttons must be activated concurrently for this setup to work. Both VFOs are in the upper window and the bottom one is in sync with VFO-B. There is no SPLIT anymore just like in N1EU's video! The Thetis and N1MM VFOs play side by side as well one following the other and vice versa.

God bless!

Rafael / NN3RP

SO2V_RX2_AND_MULTIRX_ENABLED_FINAL022419.PNG
NN3RP

Postby NN3RP » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Andy, my issue was fixed, as I wrote, by adding a RX antenna to the RX2 port on the back of the Anan 7000dle. I was having the issue you described with the program Thetis / N1MM being placed in SPLIT mode. After adding the above RX antenna to RX2 port on 7000dle, I was able to TX on VFO-B. Both RX2 and the MultiRX buttons must be turned on for this setup to work. There is no SPLIT anymore just like in N1EU's video! The Thetis and N1MM VFOs play side by side one following the other and vice versa.

I did a couple of TX, one using VFO-A and a second using VFO-B to demonstrate the end result:

VFO-A Focus:

VFO-A.png
VFO-A.png (333.37 KiB) Viewed 6000 times

VFO-B Focus:

VFO-B.png
VFO-B.png (341.75 KiB) Viewed 6000 times
Rafael / NN3RP
Nation's Capital USA
ik7ytt

Postby ik7ytt » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi Rafael

unfortunately did't have the time to try or reply before.

i have also found the solution and let it work now.

but for my experience the solution is different then your suggestion.

1) you are right in on RX2 and MultirRx to be activated
2) no need a second antenna. it depends only how you route the antenna. menas you can have a secondo antenna on RX2 or still keep the 1st one only and route the second adc to antenna 1
3) the main difference is the CAT setting used. to let all works in n1mm need set the radio as Flex and not ts-2000. in fact i found out this looking on the header part of the vfo and bandmap windows on your pictures. there you have the Freq/mode/cat used/VFO/Operator info.
In the first attempt that you say was not working you had ts-2000 settings like everyone. on the second attempt you had Flex. same in the youtube video.

Now is working also for me

hope to be correct and helpful

73 Andy ik7ytt

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”