RTTY no sound in TX

IZ0PMV

RTTY no sound in TX

Postby IZ0PMV » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Good Sunday everyone
First of all I want to thank Volker DL4ZBG in particular for the help received through email exchanges and the support of the Apache-LAB.
My name is Emanuele IZ0PMV / II0X and my main activity on the radio is the contest. This year I decided to give me my first SDR radio for my compliment and the choice was the ANAN 7000DLE.
My station is designed to work with the SO2R system and the 7000DLE is connected to the MK2R + interface via the Microham DB34-AL100 cable made for Anan 100 / 200D (link wiring diagram)

http://www.microham.com/Downloads/DB37-AL-100.pdf

From the B25 came out with cables for the CW, PTT, TX Inhibit connected to the respective fully functional rear panel inputs ...
Now the questions come:
- But 'L LINE IN' and the front microphone jack are the same thing?
- How do I connect to the 'L LINE IN' using the DB37-100AL cable?
- How does the 'L LINE IN' work?
The most important question:
How do I transmit audio in RTTY? the 7000DLE does not emit any sound (sorry Volker but here I was not able ....)
despite having used the VAC and VB Audio virtual cables (tutorial) and also those created by MK2R + I can not put any signal in this way while in JT65 / FT8, CW and Phone I have no problems.

I apologize for the long post.

S.O. Windows 10

Very 73,
Emanuele IZ0PMV
w-u-2-o

Re: RTTY no sound in TX

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:19 pm

My station is designed to work with the SO2R system and the 7000DLE is connected to the MK2R + interface via the Microham DB34-AL100 cable made for Anan 100 / 200D (link wiring diagram)

http://www.microham.com/Downloads/DB37-AL-100.pdf
You cannot use this cable with the 7000DLE. The 7000 does not have a DB25 accessory port connector.
- But 'L LINE IN' and the front microphone jack are the same thing?
They are not the same thing. You have to go into Setup > Transmit and choose either Mic or Line input.
- How do I connect to the 'L LINE IN' using the DB37-100AL cable?
You cannot. You need to buy or build a different cable.
- How does the 'L LINE IN' work?
See above.
How do I transmit audio in RTTY? the 7000DLE does not emit any sound (sorry Volker but here I was not able ....)
despite having used the VAC and VB Audio virtual cables (tutorial) and also those created by MK2R + I can not put any signal in this way while in JT65 / FT8, CW and Phone I have no problems.
If you are successfully running JT65/FT8, then there is NO reason you should not be able to run RTTY.

Set up the radio, software and computer to run FT8. Once it is working OK, don't change anything. Stop the FT8 software and start the RTTY software. Copy the CAT and audio settings from the FT8 software to the RTTY software.

You are using WSJT-X for FT8, correct? What software are you using for RTTY?

Finally, and most important, you do not need the MK2R+ anymore with the 7000DLE. Any software you use, such as N1MM+, RTTY software, etc., can be directly interfaced in software. No wires or boxes needed.

Scott
IZ0PMV

Postby IZ0PMV » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Ciao Scott
Thank you for answering my questions
The DB37-AL-100 cable is connected to the MK2R+ and via the DB25 socket from which I got the outputs CW, PTT, TX Inhibit, CAT and the cable to the front microphone socket. All the rest is unused.
Ok for the two front and rear entry lines and their selection through the control panel I would like to understand if they are the same thing or the rear one has some more function than the front one.

As for the RTTY (MMTTY) mode, the radio goes to TX but does not 'transmit' any audio and even on PowerSDR no transmission signal appears.
Worse for FLDIGI that can not see any signal both imput and output.

What I can not understand if the classic RYRYRYR audio signal is transmitted to the 7000DLE via the MK2r + or the software (MMTTY / FLDIGI ...)
so select virtual cables.

I tried to use the same settings that I use for FT8 but nothing ...
In addition to the 7000DLE, an FT-1000MP is also connected to the MK2R + interface.

I keep trying.
Thank you again.

Emanuele
IZ0PMV

Postby IZ0PMV » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 pm

I think I've solved it.
Following the post on how to get a clean digital signal how to pass JT65 / FT8 from the SSB mode to the DIGU mode I did not get any audio in TX as it happened to me in RTTY.
Then I went into the control panel and in the 'CAT CONTROL' menu I checked the DigiL / U Return LSB / USB voice and everything seems to work even RTTY.

Thanks again.

Emanuele IZ0PMV

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”