Using VAC with Ham Radio Deluxe etc (really how to get PTT and rig control to work)

GW0DQW

Using VAC with Ham Radio Deluxe etc (really how to get PTT and rig control to work)

Postby GW0DQW » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello Everybody,

I am having an issue with VAC where I cant get the PTT to work in the Anan 100.
I am receiving digital modes but fail to get into a TX position.

Any hints or tips much appreciated.

73 all,
Chris

De GW0DQW
w-u-2-o

Re: Using VAC with Ham Radio Deluxe etc

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Chris,

VAC has nothing to do with rig control or PTT when it comes to interfacing PowerSDR mRX with HRD or any other logger, digi mode program, or the like.

VAC gives you the audio communications pathway between software applications. What you need to set up is a control communications pathway between software applications.

The generally accepted way to do this where PowerSDR and HRD is concerned is as follows:

PowerSDR -- virtual serial port software -- DDUtil -- HRD.

There are three primary choices for virtual serial port software: com0com, VSPM, and VSPE. I like VSPE the best, but it does cost a little bit of money.

I am not an HRD user, but I am a DDUtil user. My understanding is that, while you can make a direct connection between PowerSDR and HRD using a virtual serial port, people have had trouble with the stability of that configuration, and those who have used DDUtil have fared better.

I've not seen a very good tutorial on this subject, unfortunately. I did find a somewhat dated, and not entirely relevant, Youtube video, that should give you at least a general idea of what you need to do.

https://youtu.be/K1hZ6V9HMAM

Note that there are at least two or three other ways to skin this cat, but the above method will provide full, bidirectional rig control.

Scott

P.S. Since this is not a VAC problem, but instead a digital mode software interface problem, I am moving the topic to the correct sub-forum.
GW0DQW

Re: Using VAC with Ham Radio Deluxe etc (really how to get PTT and rig control to work)

Postby GW0DQW » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Hello Scott

Thank you once again for helping me.

The problem is now solved and the issue was as you indicated within the set of Anan 100 and I had not set up the PTT comm port .

Best 73 from Wales

Chris GW0DQW

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”