Angelia PTT

W9IP

Angelia PTT

Postby W9IP » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Dear friends,
I have a question about how to key my Angelia remotely. I'm trying to activate Angelia's PTT with a C# program of my own design. I want to click a button on my program's GUI and activate/deactivate PTT.
I understand about virtual serial connections but not what to do. In other words, once I have up the serial link between my program and Angelia, what do I need to do to get PTT to fire? Is it a CAT command (I don't see anything in the documentation)?
Thanks,
W9IP
w-u-2-o

Re: Angelia PTT

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Yes, it is a CAT command you want to send, specifically the ZZTX command. This applies to all radios that use PowerSDR mRX, it is not specific to the Angelia based radios. After all, you are setting up the serial link to PowerSDR mRX, not the Angelia card!

The only CAT command reference I'm aware of is the somewhat out of date, legacy Flex PowerSDR CAT command reference document, which can be found here:

http://svn.tapr.org/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/doc/CAT/

This document will show you how to form and transmit CAT commands. PowerSDR mRX will also respond to a subset of Kenwood TS-2000 CAT commands.

To see all of the commands currently supported in PowerSDR mRX, look at the CATStructs.xml file that is located in this directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenHPSDR

Fair warning: sending CAT commands is dangerously addictive, there's no telling what you are going to make you software do next ;)

Scott
W9IP

Re: Angelia PTT

Postby W9IP » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks, Scott... I didn't recognize that MOX = PTT.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”