Sneak Preview "AnanPlayback by OE3IDE"

oe3ide

Sneak Preview "AnanPlayback by OE3IDE"

Postby oe3ide » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:22 am

I created a little tool for playback of the Thetis-Recording file (SDRQuickAudio.wav in data-folder).

What does this tool?

Green Play Button:
1) switch to the desired playback tx-profile (configured via setup) (current profile is "remembered")
2) switch MOX ON and plays the SDRQuickAudio.wav
4) switch MOX OFF
5) switch back to the previous tx-profile

Thetis Button:
1) asks for a filename. ie. "oe3ide"
2) copies the SDRQuickAudio.wav to your desired location (configure via setup).. i.e. c:\recordings\oe3ide.wav
3) opens the copied file with Audacity

Still some work to do - mostly error-handling.. I guess it will be ready in July 2021 ... of course free of charge :-)

https://www.oe3ide.com/wordp/wp-content ... ayback.mp4

ananplayback.jpg
ananplayback.jpg (101.03 KiB) Viewed 2559 times

ananplayback1.jpg
ananplayback1.jpg (218.28 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
kc2rgw

Re: Sneak Preview "AnanPlayback by OE3IDE"

Postby kc2rgw » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Cool.

I know, super greedy to ask but after you get this sorted out, what would be super cool is a small panel, where .wav files could be assigned resulting in a tile being created and when the tile is clicked, they play back exactly as you described here. The purpose is simply to have a collection of .wav files for calling CQ for contests or field day etc with answers/exchanges too.

It can be done, kind of, with the wave menu but it’s a clunky interface where you have to select the file, manually PTT, then hit the play button, watch the meter or have mon on and then lift the PTT.

A one click, tiled matrix of user assignable .wav files, would be a pretty awesome tool. Some huge logger suites have this but I really have no interest in any of their other functions.
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Thats exactly what I have on the plan :-)

For playback I would allow to assign different profiles. i.e.
CQ DX = "DX Profile"
CQ 40 = "SSB 1"
CQ 10 = "SSB 2"
etc.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:24 pm

N1MM logging software has the sort of contest/DX voice keyer you are looking for, and it runs with both soft and hard keys (it uses the function keys on the keyboard).

You can use one of the myriad "sound pad" or "sound board" app's used in podcasting, like this one or this one from VB Audio.

Many of these podcasting sound pad app's are compatible with MIDI controllers like this one.

However, the sound pad app's don't provide PTT CAT control, you'd have to use VOX or something like that, or come up with some other type of solution. But that's all built into N1MM.
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:13 pm

Correct, there are a plenty of solutions to manage CQ-Calls. Even my logger, LGHX3, has such a tool.
So, adding CQ-Calls will be the last thing (if I have time) to be implemented.

The goal for this tool is, to replay a recorded station with a special (unprocessed) tx-profile. A part from the code is from my own tool ("Appstarter"). With my old radio (FT-2000) I have sent the replay-audio to the USB input (SCU-17, unpocessed).

Image 12.jpg
Image 12.jpg (100.93 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”