ANAN-100 interface to ICOM PW1 Amplifier

ke6gla

ANAN-100 interface to ICOM PW1 Amplifier

Postby ke6gla » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:19 pm

I have searched the internet and have not found any information on how to interface the ANAN-100 to ICOM PW1 Amplifier. I have the transceiver to amp. keying working but don't know how to create the CIV commands to the PW1 and where that would come from in the SDR transceiver.

I using the new firmware and Thetis software for the ANAN-100.

Thanks,

Jay-KE6GLA
w-u-2-o

Re: ANAN-100 interface to ICOM PW1 Amplifier

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:36 am

With the understanding that I do not own a PW1 and have merely done all of the research for you (you're welcome ;) )...

Be careful with the PTT interface. I hope you are using an external relay or FET or something.

There is no way to implement the ALC interface, but it should not be necessary. Use the two-tone feature in Thetis to adjust your drive power appropriately and the Thetis ALC will keep everything under control.

This leaves the CI-V interface. Thetis (and PowerSDR) only speaks "Kenwood" language for frequency data on the CAT interface. The easiest way to translate this to Icom CI-V is to use DX Labs Commander: https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PW1Control

You will also need some virtual serial port software to make the connection between Thetis and Commander, and a hardware USB-to-CI-V interface cable to go between the PC and the PW1.
ke6gla

Re: ANAN-100 interface to ICOM PW1 Amplifier

Postby ke6gla » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Thanks,
I have the keying relay and ALC covered. It was the dxlabs translation software that I was missing. Also getting USB to serial for CIV have been problematic with Windows 10. I appreciate the help..

Jay-KE6GLA

Return to “Amplifiers & Tuners”