Getting Feet Wet using a DAW?

USB headsets to digital audio workstation software...
LarryW

Getting Feet Wet using a DAW?

Postby LarryW » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Hello,

Currently using Vac with the Behringer 202HD and have had great result.
Now I would like to experiment a little with using a DAW. I have loaded the newest Mixcraft 9 with a 30 day trail at this time.

Looking through many past posts, after awhile is all starts to run together! At this time, I am not use Voicemeeter in my setup.

Any recommendations--past posts or tutorials you may have would be apprenticed .

Thanks
Larry
7000 mkll Thetis v2.8.11 21k3
P2_v2.0b
Dell XPS 8930 i5-9400/Behringer 202HD/Audio-Technica BPHS2 headset, USB PTT, Behringer XR 12 (Rack in a Box)
w-u-2-o

Re: Getting Feet Wet using a DAW?

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:34 pm

I don't know much about Mixcraft. However, every DAW I've ever tried required Voicemeeter to be used as a patch panel because the DAW did not include virtual audio cable functionality. I recommend Voicemeeter because it can maintain ASIO interfaces between Thetis/PowerSDR and the DAW (Muzychenko VAC can't do that). The Voicemeeter ASIO Insert driver also makes for a very powerful and sophisticated means to interface with the DAW.

However...unless you have some very special audio processing desires, there really is no need to use a DAW with Thetis/PowerSDR anymore. This is particularly true with Thetis: leveler, pre-EQ, CFC compressor, post-EQ, ALC, and expander/gate--that's a lot of power!
LarryW

Re: Getting Feet Wet using a DAW?

Postby LarryW » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:43 am

Thanks for the reply Scott,

Playing with some of the ESSB guys and would like to introduce something like the Aphex 204 in the mix or possibility some sort of VST version of it.

Regards,
Larry
7000 mkll Thetis v2.8.11 21k3
P2_v2.0b
Dell XPS 8930 i5-9400/Behringer 202HD/Audio-Technica BPHS2 headset, USB PTT, Behringer XR 12 (Rack in a Box)

Return to “Digital ("Virtual") Audio”