VAC Tutorial

USB headsets to digital audio workstation software...
w-u-2-o

VAC Tutorial

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Dick

Re: VAC Tutorial

Postby Dick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:59 am

Hi Scott

Your tutorial discusses ===>
"2.0 This document is divided into the following parts.

A review of the functional basics, rules and software limitations associated with the PowerSDR virtual audio interface.
Suggestions for testing and tuning system performance for real-time audio.
How to quickly setup a USB headset for use with PowerSDR.
Virtual PTT switching for virtual audio.
Latency: what it is and how to minimize it.
How to setup up Voicemeeter Banana and interface digital mode software audio streams.
Virtualizing CW operations.
Integrating Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software.

"
but I do not see anything about how one can plug a microphone into the computer running PowerSDR and
pipe the audio to a remote ANAN-200D/7000dle/etc using VAC1.

Is this possible ? My radio room in the shop gets down in the low 30's quite often in Winter and operating there gets
pretty uncomfortable!
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Dick,

Yes, using VMB to route microphone and receiver audio was not covered in the tutorial, which is pretty basic. My radios live in a rack in the basement and I operate exclusively from my second floor studio office, i.e. I do exactly what you are seeking to. I will address your questions in your other thread--look there soon.

Scott
Dick

Postby Dick » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:16 pm

GM Scott

Many thanks for addressing this topic. It seems like every time I try something related to software applications changes
it ends up being a "tar-baby" where the problem just gets worse! Then I spend days getting something that worked
fine back in operation.

RF and circuit design is a comfortable arena for me but this computer stuff seems like fighting in a Vietnam jungle

I will look at what your next posting provides. Again many thanks for your SW-knowledge and dedication to growing
the SDR spirit in our Ham community.

73 Dick/w7wkr

Return to “Digital ("Virtual") Audio”