VAC SIGNAL NOT STEADY

USB headsets to digital audio workstation software...
AB2EZ

Re: VAC SIGNAL NOT STEADY

Postby AB2EZ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:56 pm

All

VAC1 + FT8 has been working flawlessly (no glitches on the waterfall, etc) for about 1
month now. I have installed the last several HPSDR updates without any problems. As I cycle through various bands and band segments... VAC1 automatically turns on or off... depending upon how I have set it for those modes/band segments. I have installed several Windows 10 updates. I have turned the HPSDR application off each evening. I have restarted the computer from time to time.

No problems EXCEPT if I turn VAC1 off and on manually (which I don't do). Turning VAC1 off and on manually causes a return of the waterfall glitches and various other problems...which requires me to "fiddle" with the sampling rate and the buffer sizes to fix.

I am using an ANAN 10E and a three year old I7 Dell computer. The if sampling rate is set at 192k samples per second. Latency monitor shows no problems. It can run for several hours before it registers a hiccup. Every once in a while, the transmit waterfall registers a single glitch during an FT8 transmission... which I assume is due to an overflow of one of the digital audio buffers. I.e. the clock inside the Dell computer is running about 18ppm fast compared to the GPS-disciplined clock that is driving the ANAN 10E.

Stu
Last edited by AB2EZ on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w-u-2-o

Re: VAC SIGNAL NOT STEADY

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:10 pm

AB2EZ wrote:No problems EXCEPT if I turn VAC1 off and on manually (which I don't do). Turning VAC1 off and on manually causes a return of the waterfall glitches and various other problems...which requires me the "fiddle" with the sampling rate and the buffer sizes to fix.
This is a known bug. You can fiddle, or you can just restart PowerSDR. It's a huge pain for people who switch between VAC and non-VAC operations. I'm always in VAC mode so it doesn't affect me ;)

Scott

Return to “Digital ("Virtual") Audio”