Anan 200d - no RX output VAC

USB headsets to digital audio workstation software...
DM5HF

Anan 200d - no RX output VAC

Postby DM5HF » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:18 am

Hello,

Actually I have a problem concerning VAC. Have been using the sw since 2009 and never had any trouble. But today I do not get any RX output from VAC to any third party sw. I can transmit without any problems and I also can switch the cables. Every new cable pair shows the same, transmit works but no RX. The same fault I have when using VB Audio as well.

Can be the problem maybe an hanging relay?

Thanks for suggestions.

73 Chris
DM5HF
w-u-2-o

Re: Anan 200d - no RX output VAC

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Chris,

If you are seeing good spectral and waterfall data during receive then it's not a relay problem.

If the transmit side of the VAC link is working, then it's probably not a driver problem, something that has been effected by Windows updates in the past.

What versions of VAC, PowerSDR, VB Cable, Windows and digi mode software are you using?

Scott
DM5HF

Postby DM5HF » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot. You're right, the relay its not. The Anan works well on my backup PC. So the hardware is fine...puhhh.

On the backup I use the VAC 4.13 with the last PowerSDR release and the actual FLDigi (or wsjt, wspr a.s.o.).

The main machine runs the newest release of PowerSDR with VAC 4.15 and actual Fldigi. Worked until the morning fine. The RX at VAC stopped while running digimodes... no update, no turning on... really strange.

Im made the experience its not as easy to uninstall VAC. VAC remembers many parameters from the installation before. Deleted some registry entries but remembering goes on.

I also think there is a problem with Win 10 audio devices. But don't know which...

73 Chris
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Chris,

Have you made sure that all of the Windows devices that are instantiated by VAC are set to 48KHz and, if available, stereo? Go into the Windows Sound Control Panel and check the advanced settings of each VAC device.

One thing you can try is a total database delete on PowerSDR.

Go to C:\Users\<your username here>\AppData\Roaming\FlexRadio Systems and rename the PowerSDR mRX PS folder to something else. Then start PowerSDR and it will be as if it was just installed. Just redo the minimum number of setting necessary to see if this fixes the VAC problem. If it does, then redo all of your settings. If it doesn't, then you can go back to the directory above, delete the newly created PowerSDR mRX PS folder and rename the original folder back to "PowerSDR mRX PS".

If that fails, I'd reinstall VAC. If that fails, I'd try installing Voicemeeter Banana ("VMB"). You can find instructions on how to setup VMB at my web page here: http://wu2o.dyndns.org/wu2o_vac_tutorial_2.html

Scott
DM5HF

Postby DM5HF » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:33 am

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot! Solution was to rename the PowerSDR folder and to create a complete new database. Now VAC works fine as before. Had been running VAC and PowerSDR since 2009 but never had an issue like this.

Thanks for solving & 73
Chris
DM5HF

Postby DM5HF » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi Scott,

now I have found the issue. If I load my file for the midi console then there is the bug with vac. Tested it today several times. Maybe it's for interest for the developers community.

73 Chris
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:41 am

Chris,

Can you fix the problem by creating a fresh MIDI settings file, just like you did with the database.xml file?

Scott
DM5HF

Postby DM5HF » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:02 am

Hi Scott,

reseting the midi setup did not have any impact, only at the new database, when I load the file.

73 Chris

Return to “Digital ("Virtual") Audio”