DAW - Anan connection via VoiceMeeter Banana

qst

DAW - Anan connection via VoiceMeeter Banana

Postby qst » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:47 pm

Hello,
I use the microphone track of the DAW and the audio card, the microphone signal is connected to the line input of Anan G2. I want to try calling using virtual cables and VoiceMeeter Banana. The DAW works on an ASIO driver, which gives a very good microphone signal. DAW does not see virtual cables when working on Asio. You need to enable the WIN MME driver. Then the signal loses quality and latency occurs. Does anyone of you have such a connection and can write how to best set it up? Maybe there are other options than Voice Meter? Virtual Muzychenko cables are available, but you also need to change the driver to MME in the DAW.
Slawomir
scflowers

Re: DAW - Anan connection via VoiceMeeter Banana

Postby scflowers » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:02 pm

Hello,
These are the settings that work for me. I enable HW input 1 B1 button when I want to input an audio signal in my mic for SSB ops. Else, for WSJT-X work I deselect it. Mic plugs into the Windows 10 PC via USB plug.

Only cable connecting the PC to the ANAN G2 is the 25ft. UTP CAT6 4PR 24AWG Network cable.

For CW ops, I plug my Iambic key into the ANAN G2 and also plug an external speaker into the G2 so that I can hear my own keying.

Hope that helps.

Stephen
Attachments
anan_g2_voicemeeter_banana.jpg
anan_g2_voicemeeter_banana.jpg (665.15 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
qst

Postby qst » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:24 pm

Hello Stephen,
thank you for the screenshot. This is a good solution and I will try to set it up. But. I see that you don't use any DAW, you just connect the microphone to your computer. I have a DAW and the settings will be slightly different. I guess we will still have to send the signal using virtual cables? There's some fun with this setup. Maybe we'll be able to do something tomorrow.
73's
Slawomir
qst

Postby qst » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:54 pm

Hello Stephen,
I did as in your screenshot. Unfortunately, I do not have a signal on virtual inputs.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (147.56 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Przechwytywanie.JPG
Przechwytywanie.JPG (209.91 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:09 pm

Slawomir,

There is a way to "side chain" the audio from Voicemeeter into your DAW by pointing to the "Voicemeeter Insert Virtual ASIO" device in your DAW. That device is enabled in the Voicemeeter System Settings screen:

Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (262.53 KiB) Viewed 1477 times

Mark
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:25 pm

Here is an example of what Mark is talking about. What DAW are you using?

qst

Postby qst » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:15 am

Hi,
I can't configure Banana VM correctly. I use Adobe audition and several plugins. Internal audio card on PCIeX RME. In DAW, in port 1 and out port 3. Asio Hamerfall DSP. Currently, I use a cable from port 3 of the audio card to the G2 line input. I don't know how to set ports in Banana. Whether Hardware out will be port 3 or 1 and what. set the input port? Should I use the original Asio from the card or one of the Asio Voice meter drivers? And what Asio driver should I use in Thetis and how to redirect the microphone signal to Anan in Thetis?
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:23 am

qst

Postby qst » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:03 pm

Hi, I watched it. Every DAW works similarly. I can't get my DAW to work with Thetis without a cable. Maybe someone else can advise.
Thanks for the help.
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:26 pm

Have you got Thetis to work with Voicemeeter? That is the first, necessary step.
qst

Postby qst » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:09 pm

It's definitely working. Steve K1GMM had a RACK rack connected to audio devices and sent the signal to Thetis via the audio card via Banana. In the audio tab he selected Asio - virtual cable. There are videos on YT. But not everything is understandable to me.
Sławomir
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:41 pm

qst wrote:It's definitely working. Steve K1GMM had a RACK rack connected to audio devices and sent the signal to Thetis via the audio card via Banana. In the audio tab he selected Asio - virtual cable. There are videos on YT. But not everything is understandable to me.
Sławomir

Similar setup here. Audio from rack*) (from my analog days ;-) goes into PreSonus and to VM. But I don't use DAW with the patch insert, instead I am using cmASIO (Voicemeeter VAIO3 Virutal ASIO).

On my 2nd qth (Hermes Lite 2) I use:
Headset -> UMC202HD > VM -> Reaper > Thetis

Both variants are working like a charm.

*) mostly for mic-preamp and basic/coarse eq
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:49 pm

qst wrote:It's definitely working. Steve K1GMM had a RACK rack connected to audio devices and sent the signal to Thetis via the audio card via Banana. In the audio tab he selected Asio - virtual cable. There are videos on YT. But not everything is understandable to me.
Sławomir

If you've got Thetis and Voicemeeter working with an audio card then I can't provide a better explanation that the one in the Voicemeeter/Audition video. Basically you need to use the patch insert feature to send audio to Audition from Voicemeeter and then receive it back into Voicemeeter from Audition. Voicemeeter becomes just a glorified patch panel at that point.

You might try this relatively new product from VB Audio: https://vb-audio.com/Matrix/

I've not tried Matrix yet, but it is literally an ASIO-capable audio patch panel. That might be more easily understandable for you.
qst

Postby qst » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:28 pm

This is a very interesting solution. I'll try this Matrix. It will probably solve my problems.

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”