Behringer Uphoria Audio outputs to ANAN 100

Vinny

Behringer Uphoria Audio outputs to ANAN 100

Postby Vinny » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Scott

I have done the whole Behringer Uphoria UMC202HD thing with ASIO using VMB and Audiomulch as you know. I now want to experiment and connect my Uphoria direct to the radio and do away with all the processing and Latency. I know you can do it internally using VAC etc but is it possible to use the Jack Plug outputs at the back of the Uphoria to go directly into the ANAN 100 and Bypass VAC altogether?? Can I make a simple adapter cable with the two different size jack plugs to simply do that or do I have to plug it into the "Line in" at the back of the radio?? I presume the two Output Jacks at the back of the Uphoria are "Line Outs"?

Would the Uphoria outputs be a Balanced or Unbalanced feeds or doesn't it matter?

I could just buy a Dynamic mic and do that into the front but I was wondering if I can do the same thing using the condenser mic already connected to the Uphoria??

Kind regards

Vince
3DA0VV
w-u-2-o

Re: Behringer Uphoria Audio outputs to ANAN 100

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:19 am

Vince,

Assuming you are also abandoning AudioMulch, I'd recommend you simply use a 48V phantom power supply like this to power up your studio condenser mic:

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-1-Channel-Microphone-Condenser-Recording/dp/B014H8AWGC/

Then you have to make an appropriate conversion between the balanced output of the mic (at the power supply output port) and the unbalanced microphone input on the radio hardware unit. To do that you have some choices, some better than others:

https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2790

Scott
Swaziboy

Postby Swaziboy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks Scott.

Please bare with me here.

I am indeed abandoning Audiomulch and VMB altogether whilst running RCB Forb Remote hams because Remote Hams cannot run with ASIO drivers. My whole Audio setup is driven by ASIO. That's why I am looking for a more direct way to connect my C1 MIC and Uphoria to the ANAN. It doesn't make sense to buy a separate phantom power unit if I can put the Uphorias two Audio outputs on the back of the Uphoria unit to some use? The Uphoria already has Phantom power as you know.

1. Are the two audio jack outputs at the back of the Uphoria of any use? Are they balanced or Unbalanced outputs? I don't see any description of them on the Behringer website?

2. Would you still need the balanced/unbalanced converter or could you wire those Uphoria jack outputs directly to the "Line In" on the back of the ANAN?

Remote Hams ties up VAC1 completely. I suppose I could setup VAC2 to try to get the Uphoria to work internally with Windows drivers but not sure if that will complicate or conflict with the server settings?

Kind regards

Vince
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:05 pm

First, the "easy" answer, easy because it is short: the outputs on the back of the UMC202 are fully balanced, line level outputs. You will have to use some sort of software to forward the microphone audio to those output. So you can still use Audiomulch to do this and process your audio that way. Or you can use Voicemeeter Potato. To make the physical connections to your 100, follow the outstanding example provided by W1AEX.

Second, the "complicated", but very cool, answer: you can use Voicemeeter Potato to route audio between your UMC202, still using ASIO, the RCForb client, and PowerSDR using ASIO. It is a virtual audio mixer and designed expressly for applications just like this. If you want to really complicate it, you can even jack Audiomulch into Potato to process your mic audio, although I'd save that for later! See this topic to get started.

Scott
Swaziboy

Postby Swaziboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:46 am

Thanks Scott

Excellent. Something else to play with. Ferry and I will experiment with this and let you know.

Vince

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”