Headphones

SA3ATF

Headphones

Postby SA3ATF » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:22 am

In any case, I have read on many other forums about which headphones are best for what and so on, so I was going to contribute my contribution here.
However, lately, I have found that my headphones they sound a bit "sad" if I say so.
Sure, they are extremely honest and flat in the performance but can be perceived as "boring" to listen to as I did this winter.
So clearly I read all (again) that exists within this and found that it is Audio-Techninca ATH-M50 or Beyerdynamic DT 770 that applies.
Checked out so my local music store had these at home before i went there.
Is still about 120km there, and it was ok, they had both home.
Come there and they had Audio-Techica but not the DT-770 that I would prefer to listen to.
I had many years ago Sennheiser 650 most just because it was such a man would have then, but I had no preamp or so to them so I was very very curious about this newer headphones.
But anyway, I've experienced my AKG headphones as "boring" in the cracker and did not find the fun to listen about.
When I started listening to the M50X, I imagine what this is for 80's frestyle headphones, it was among the biggest disappointment I've ever had. Those headphones that are so terribly hyped and they do not sound better than this ??
I thought the seller had some kind of trix to take, but when I asked, he said that: now that sounds like this and I wondered what I had there to do.
Now, however, he felt a bit sorry for me who had driven so far to listen to some headphones and understood my interest so he said these you REALLY REALLY need to listen to.
I knew what it was, but stuffed me into the sound card and suddenly woke up again!
Oh my God, that's what I've been waiting for and longed for!
I immediately felt I participated in the notes!
Of course they cost a little more, but not so dangerous.
I ended up paying a big flin on my lips at all times and they are called Yamaha HPH MT-8 and I love these headphones !!!!
Seems to cost around 200EUR around the world, but it's worth them every day of the week I have to say!
At last I found a replacement for my 271MKII, which is better on ALL items I get on.

Hope this story will help one and another in theres headphone bay!

Tommy, sa3atf
I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!
SA3ATF

Re: Headphones

Postby SA3ATF » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:23 am

I have been coming to me for several nights in a row, I'm awake and just listening to my new headphones folded must be a good sign!
So do not worry if you buy new headphones :lol:
I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:01 pm

I have a set of BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro's, and a set of Presonus HD7's. I prefer the HD7's for radio work and the DT770's for music.

The HD7's are a tremendous value and I highly recommend them. Great bass. Light and comfortable. Perfect for a lot of things as long as you don't need isolation from external sounds. Everyone who has bought a set for ham radio on my recommendation has been very pleased.
W1AEX

Postby W1AEX » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Tommy,

The hunt for great sounding headphones that are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time can be frustrating. About 20 years ago I stumbled onto the SONY MDR-150 Studio Monitor Series headphones and was astonished at how good they sounded and how lightweight and comfortable they were. I used that first pair with my ham radio equipment and also used them for my extended multiplayer gaming sessions. After around 10 years of use I inadvertently crushed that pair when they fell to the floor and I rolled my office chair over them. I went down to Best Buy (not my favorite store but that's where I bought them) and found that they no longer had them on their shelves. Fortunately, they still could get them and I grabbed two pair. Those are both still working fine after 10 years of service but the vinyl covering over the foam pads was disintegrating so I hit up Amazon and sure enough there were tons of replacement pads available. However, even better news, there are vendors who still sell brand new SONY MDR-150 Monitor Series headphones so I grabbed two more that I keep on the shelf. The good news is, the MDR-150's used to cost around 25 bucks, but now they are selling on Amazon for 19 bucks! They are cheap but they are lightweight and sound beautiful. That's a perfect combination in my book!

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V150-Monitor-Series-Headphones/dp/B00005QBU9/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1520701637&sr=1-23&keywords=sony+headphones

Rob W1AEX
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
Tony EI7BMB

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Great Rob thanks for the tip, gonna grab a pair of those

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”