ANAN 7000 DLE Line Out

dl4zbg

ANAN 7000 DLE Line Out

Postby dl4zbg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello,

does anyone know whether the new 7000 DLE will have Line Out connectors (specification) or not?

TNX

Volker

DL4ZBG
w-u-2-o

Re: ANAN 7000 DLE Line Out

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Volker,

I have been specifically told by the factory that the 7000 will share the exact same breakout board circuit card that holds the non-RF rear panel connectors from the 8000. That means that there will NOT be any line out signals on the rear panel. This also matches perfectly with the images posted on the Apache Labs web site:

I had suggested that the DE9 be changed to a DE15 and the "dig in" signals be moved to the D-sub connector, thereby freeing those two RCAs for line out left and right, but apparently this posed some manufacturing problems for them.

The line-out signals are available on the IDC connector that the breakout board connects to. It would not be a major project to design an aftermarket break-out board that implemented my suggestion. I have considered doing it myself, but (excuses, excuses) I'm straight out with work and life right now.

Scott
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Scott,

thanks for clarification. I expected nothing else.

So the technical specification is WRONG.

IOs:

RCA Line In, Line Out, PTT in, PTT Out

Line In Left and Right does not make any sense to me (and according to the manual only one of them is used).
So this means drilling holes in a 3k$ radio.......

TNX

Volker
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:38 pm

dl4zbg wrote:So this means drilling holes in a 3k$ radio.......

Not necessarily. You could cut and jumper the breakout board to make the "dig" RCA Jack's line out. That's what I'd do.
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:53 am

Useless "Line In Right" should be Line Out (main RX). This will be the one I will use. Hopefully the breakout board is more like the TAPR board for the ANAN-10.

Volker
Bill in Georgia

Postby Bill in Georgia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Lets talk about the LINE IN and LINE out on the 8000 and now the 7000 ...do I read right, that these are dead...nothing on them...??? So what is the purpose of such????
And is there a in and out on the RS232 or is it a DB9 connector and where do you find the pin outs.....or is it similar to the 200D break out board...
I need a line out that will follow TX & RX...??? Guess I'm out of luck!!
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Bill,

Line in works fine. Of course only the left input does anything given the way the software works.

Line out works, but, again, the signals only make it as far as the header connector on the Orion MkII board. They are not carried out from that connector via the breakout board and therefore do not appear on the rear panel. If you need them, you'll have to go dig them out of the connector on the Orion.

It's actually a DE9 (D=D subminiature, E=shell size, 9=number of pins). The DE9 only carries 7 of the open collector outputs, the OC_REF signal, and GND.

Unless you want to modify the cabling and breakout board, you are indeed out of luck.

Scott
Bill in Georgia

Postby Bill in Georgia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi Scott so the line in/out appear at the DE9 connector on the back panel... Where do I find a reading of the pin out...I guess we don't have a schematic on the 8000 as yet??
Or are the pins..linein-lineout-digital in - Digital out- and PTT in/out?? I know that's to many entries for the connector..But??

One more question ...has anyone written a full comprehensive manual/users manual on the 8000?

Thanks,

-Bill ... KCF4PE
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Bill in Georgia wrote:Hi Scott so the line in/out appear at the DE9 connector on the back panel...
Is that really what you read? Maybe you should go back and read my post again...

Where do I find a reading of the pin out...I guess we don't have a schematic on the 8000 as yet??
https://apache-labs.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2343

Or are the pins..linein-lineout-digital in - Digital out- and PTT in/out?? I know that's to many entries for the connector..But??
Go back and read my post again, carefully.

One more question ...has anyone written a full comprehensive manual/users manual on the 8000?
Bill, with all due respect, did you even take a cursory glance at the Apache website, or this forum? Even a casual glance. It would be silly if we had to put the links to user manuals and such in every single forum--oh, wait, that's already been done, it's the "Useful Websites" sticky post that appears at the top of Every Single Forum and Subforum here.

However, with all due respect to those who wrote it, because you didn't see me doing it so technically I shouldn't complain, but you will find the 8000 user manual to be missing a whole bunch of data, and to have some things in it that are actually wrong (just like all of the other user manuals). I suppose that's why we have this forum ;)
Bill in Georgia

Postby Bill in Georgia » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:38 pm

OK ... got it .. understand....

Thanks again!!

Bill

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”