UMC 202 HD interface issues

VK4BXI

UMC 202 HD interface issues

Postby VK4BXI » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:59 am

I have just purchased a new behringer UMC 202HD and have been trying to get it work with my 7000 mkII.

The issues are audio from the 202 input arrives in CM or Voicemeeter like there is a high wind in the back ground.
The audio from Thetis via CM or via Voicemeeter (banana) is chopped up with dropouts every second or two through the UMC 202 headphone jack.

Things that I have checked so far.

I have used the direct output button on the umc 202 to monitor the mic input and its very good ( the (computor type mic) from the headset via a home brew 48 volt preamp into the differential mic input of the umc202.

I enabled CMASIO (came up green) and it works into the thetis input and can transmit with it. The thetis output arrives back on the umc 202 headphone output and can be listened to but the signal is chopped.

I have gone into the UMC driver setup page and "played" with both buffer size and safe mode.....clock rate is set to 48 kHz to no avail.

I have used Voicemeeter banana and input the the umc202 via mme, wdm and direct sound with output to the umc 202 headphones in matching setups with buffers matching and 48 kHz clock rate.

The quality (or lack of it ) doesn't change.

I'm using the UMC 5.30 driver software ( being the latest ) Has anyone had problems with it ? that seems to be all that is left.

I should note that the 7000 works very nicely with a computor headset into its mic and headphone jacks.
Also when I'm using banana I use a second output via the computor speaker which is not having dropouts. so everything seems to point to the UMC 202 and its drivers.

At this point I'm starting to get desperate.

Bob
VK4BXI

Re: UMC 202 HD interface issues

Postby VK4BXI » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:23 am

Please reset all and disregard my last comments........the problem is solved !!!

The cause was that my UMC 202 HD does not like shareing USB ports with anything else. I had it plugged in sharing with a couple of other USB inputs ...keyboard and mouse.

I gave it, its own fast (blue connector) USB connection direct into the computor and problem solved.

Dang !

Bob

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”